CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Veeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 17:34:38 -0400
On Mon, 5 May 1997, Juan Carlos Garelli wrote:

> PS: as an aside, implementing enhanced maternal care would make sense
> only if means could be found to reach the world population, or at
> least most of it. Much as if we were to devise a campaign against
> AIDS, smoking or tuberculosis.

There are many people who feel prospective parents can and should be
taught parenting skills. I am sure such people would be interested in
your research.

Maybe there is an argument to be made for parental education programs in
highschool, just like people argued for the necessity of sex education.

Harry