CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Coghlan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 22:20:28 +0000
Frankly I couldn't give a stuff about anarchy or syndico-whatever it is. I
came across Chomsky as an impressionable  young lad at university - a
scholar who opposed the war in SE Asia and said so eloquently. Years later
in training to be an English as a Second Language teacher I discovered
Chomsky the linguistics guru. I saw the list and signed up. Not much later I
was counting the days till I signed off. My life is simply too busy to do
this list's many postings justice. And then the thread started by Bob Smith
began. I thought "I'll sign off in sympathy with him!" But it seems he may
have given this list a good kick up the arse. Shall I stay on? It's not the
excessive length of many postings that bothers me so much. It's just that
many of the longer postings are not very interesting and not very relevant
to most people's lives.

I realise that this is not typical of the postings of this list. But for
what it's worth, I am writing this so at least I can't be guilty of lurking
and leaving.

So I'll stick around a while longer. And I'd love to assist the people of
Oventic but I'm just too far away. And my own family need looking after.

Regards to all,

Michael Coghlan.