CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shyamal Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:56:45 +0530
At 07:03 AM 06/22/2000, MichaelP wrote:

>Would you care to elaborate on WHY you believe the WHO report is in any
>way controversial?

Michael, I wasn't referring to *my* belief that the report is controversial
-- the news report describes it as controversial. The news report also
clarifies why they take it as "controversial".

[Having said that I must admit that having gone through this news article
once again (after this question of yours) I can well believe it *is* a
controversial report. For instance, the hesitation (and consequent delay)
in publishing this report seems to indicate an anticipation of controversy.
If the news report is to be believed, the pressures *not* to publish the
report are equally indicative.]

This poor chap, the chief of the WHO, may be in deep trouble now ! :)

Shyamal Gupta
25D, Selimpore Road, Calcutta. INDIA.
91-33-4736164/4832392/3440643