CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:39:08 -0800
I, too, have been considering withdrawing from this list because of the venomous
ad hominen nature of the exchanges.  There are a few people who seem more intent
on putting people down or engaging in pedantic arguments than in participating in
intelligent discussions of substantive issues.  This is a pity because some
contributors who are virtually devoid of "social intelligence" have evidenced good
critical thought, logic and analytical intelligence from time to time.

In the past I have encouraged people to refrain from nastiness and pissing
contests.  Bob, you have now encouraged me to take a decision.

F. Leon, please inform the personality assasins to refrain from ad hominem attacks
or go elsewhere.  Bob probably speaks for many others on this list.  I, myself,
will unsubscribe in one week's time if the gutter level ad hominem attacks
continue.  Thanks, Bob, for pushing me to a decision I should have made a long
time ago. Dan