CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mason A. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the philosophy, work and influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 17:07:24 -0400
The Chomsky list:

  I joined the list recently, thinking to participate in
  intelligent discussions.

  I have been appalled - and enlightened - by what I've read,
  including the apparent censorship incident and some of the
  advocacy of "anarchisism" (whatever that means). The comment
  below (one among many) triggered me to post this remark.

  Looseness with facts I thought was a media trait decried by Chomsky.
  It seems that his pretended followers have adopted the trait as their own.

>What state interests did it serve to promote high-end speculations about
>the Khmer Rouge death toll? Well, one big one was to obscure the
>*earlier* genocide--namely the one conducted by U.S. warplanes against
>the Khmer population, which not only killed hundreds of thousands, but
>which, by destroying the fabric of Khmer society, laid the groundwork for
>the ultimate takeover by the Khmer Rouge.
  Mason Clark     [log in to unmask]
    http://www.netcom.com/~masonc
    http://www.geocities/CapitolHill/3210
  Political Economics; Comets, Weather, Time
  The Healing Wisdom of Dr. P. P. Quimby
    The Boskin CPI attack on Social Security
  http://www.naz.com/personal/masonc/boskin.html
    Vickrey's last paper (October 5, 1996)
    "15 Fatal Fallacies of Financial Fundamentalism":
  http://www.netcom.com/~masonc/vickrey.html
  Valid economic theory is concerned only with
   the condition of the bottom twenty percent.
     The rest can take care of themselves.