CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:35:21 +1000
At 13:18 27/09/99 -0700, Prashanth Mundkur wrote:

>Is Milutin or anyone else on this list paying
>taxes to the Russian state?  Or you?  Does the
>Russian govt pretend to represent you in its
>actions? Does NATO?

Personally, I don't think this cuts it.  However, it was a big leap of
logic to say that because Martin hasn't seen anything about Chechen
bombings (I have, by the way) that we're all in support of blowing up the
Chechens.

One could argue that, given the IMF has paid huge amounts of money to
Russia over the past few years, that all citizens of nations which support
the IMF have paid taxes to the Russian state.  Withdrawing aid would be one
way of stopping the bombing.

While we're talking about things, what do chomsky subscribers think about
the Australian government's role in East Timor - specifically the
'peacekeepers' who are predominantly Australian soldiers?

Alister