CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:55:32 -0400
>Maijan wrote:
> Whether or not we like it, "humanity" is another term for a "system":

I really don't understand this.  I see humanity as all the human beings that
occupy planet earth.

>The actual challenge would not seem to go and "bring out" the virtue in
humanity: humanity has never ever been virtuous. Read history. The challenge
would be to think and try to implement a system beyond conventional
polarity, otherwise we are where we have always been; that is, defining what
is virtuous and imposing our own definition with the force of arms.

Humanity has been humanity.  It hasn't been virtuous or vice.  It has been
both because that is what humanity is.

Are current system of implementation is more "evil" then "good".  Is this
becuase humanity is more evil then good?  No, it is this specific system
which promotes these outcomes.

You know the saying "Life isn't fair", I add "but it doesn't try to be".  We
must change that.

"At this stage of history, either one of two things is possible. Either the
general population will take control of its own destiny and will concern
itself with community interests, guided by values of solidarity, and
sympathy, and concern for others, or alternatively, there will be no destiny
for anyone to control."  --  Noam Chomsky

Milutin

--
Terror rains drenchin', quenchin', tha thrist of tha power dons
That five sided fist-a-gon