CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ernie Yacub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 03:22:47 -0700
try...

Maus, a Survivor's Tale by Art Spiegelman...brilliant cartoon books about
the holocaust.

Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog...living on the rez, AIM, Wounded Knee, Peltier.

Warriors of the Rainbow by Robert Hunter...early Greenpeace stories.

The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer...they'll eat this one up...all
about the suppression of cannabis, with great illustrations and very
informative.

> My second question concerns a mostly 'white' suburban - rural high
>school I have a small involvement with.  I would like suggestion of
>'progressive' books to recomend or donate to the library that kids
>would read.

regards

ernie [log in to unmask]
250-336-8155...250-336-2646

"The love of (conventional) money is the root of much evil for it corrupts
our communities and lays waste the planet"    (ernie yacub)

community currencies...abundant, interest free money that always comes home.
                http://www.gmlets.u-net.com/go/