CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andy Chertow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 05:55:55 PDT
R. Hormell adds some flavor to the discussion of my disagreements w/ Chomsky's
interview in Z, but I think he falls into a romantic trap when he suggests that
most revolutionaries of the 60s were killed, jailed or ODed.  I can go along w/
marginalized.

During that decade, I remember having similar discussions all the time
especially by 69 when it was clear that revolution was no longer imminent.  The
important thing is to serve as an image for those who will come along to fuel
the next revolutionary upsurge.  In this sense, there was a degree of success
although at great personal cost for some.

Andy Chertow