From:
Kev and Pat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 06:51:42 -0500

Hi to all,

Could someone tell me how to make homemade baked goods that are moist?

I make several baked goods which are very tasty, but they are very dry.
Initially, I was having trouble with them coming out with an under
cooked texture....all gooey in the middle....like a slice of cheese.  I
asked the list what was happening and you told me to cut back on the
water.  I did and it worked for the gooeyness, but now the baked goods
are to dry.  The baked goods don't taste good with that cheese like
texture, so I am reluctant to increase my amount of water.

What is it about baked goods that makes them moist?

My diet needs to be free of gluten, dairy, additives, preservatives,
processed foods (like instant pudding), dried fruits, nuts, vinegar,
vanilla extract, and yeast.

Most of my baked goods are made with some mixture of some the
following.........a combination of several gf flour, baking powder,
xantham gum, salt, vitamin C crystals, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, safflower
or sunflower oil, spring water, blueberries, apples, or pears, flax
seeds, and  molasses.

I bake most of these items at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

Thanks in advance for your help.......I will summarize back to the list.

Pat