From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:43:38 -0700

For those of you with connective tissue disease or UCTD -- how do you
treat the muscle weakness/fatigue?  Although I haven't been diagnosed
"yet" -- I'm highly suspect that I have the antibodies.  I do have
cardiolypin antibodies which are "related" to Lupus but not the actual
disease.  I plan to have the doc run blood work  for CTD but don't know
which test to ask for.  Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.
I have been able to lessen the weakness/fatigue with the gf diet and
have been very careful about cross contamination.  I also suffer from
cronic tendonitis and bursitis in the shoulder and hip.  It's been
present for over 10 years now.  MRI shows impingment in the shoulder due
to swollen muscles. I also have some strange skin disorders from time to
time as well as ulcers in the mouth and nose.   If you have UCTD or CTD
and use something to treat the weakness/fatigue - please email me.
Also, if you have suggestions for tests I should request.

Thanks!

Jill/Texas