From:
Myrna Chandler Goldstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:02:53 -0500

Several days ago, I ask list members for advice on how to manage a left hand
rash that wouldn't go away.  I had several responses, as follows:

-- A few people suggested Neutrogena Hand Cream.

-- One woman said that her daughter had rashes until she stopped eating corn.

-- One woman said that she gets rashes from eating nuts and popcorn.  Does
anyone have an explanation for that?

-- Several people recommended Dove, Ivory, Neutrogena and Tom's of Maine
soaps.  One person said to stay away from liquid soaps.  One person advised
me to use Cheer laundry detergent.

-- One man advised hydrocortisone cream and Vitamin E oil or a prescription
medication known as Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1%

-- One woman said that she had a rash from the Estee Lauder lipstick she
used.  The lipstick had wheat germ oil.

-- One woman recommended Suave Hand Lotions and wearing Playtex Heavy Duty
Gloves.  She also told me not to buy any products with wheat or oats in them.
But with cleaning products and skin care items, there is not always complete
labeling.  How does one know for sure?

-- One woman suggested Dawn Regular dishwashing soap.  Also Pantene Pro-V
Shampoo and Conditioner and Mary Kay cosmetics

-- One woman advised giving up Diet Cokes

-- One woman suggested the homeopathic medicine Rhus Tox 30c

-- One woman advised products by Melaleuca.