Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 23:24:38 GMT

Well here we go again. Can somebody just lock that guy up, he tells us all
those nasty things.
Hey folks hold it right there. Put the coffee down. The following are some
background information of what it would take to get some body like Kellogs
to produce a glutenfree cereal for us.

I will use the old KEN MEI ( Some have fond memories) Cereal as an example.

In order to run a production Kellogs would need the minimum of a 3 day
production of 24 hours per day to make it woth their while. They would
clean everything and dedicate these days to the production of the
glutenfree cereals if they get enough interest and than even it is rather
unlikely that they would do it.
Any cereal that could be produced will have a shelf life of around 12 month.

Ok in numbers that means the following.:

Any flaked or popped cereal will run at a production rate of about 100 LBS
per minute. GEE that is right. So let us calculate we have 3 x 24 hours.
That gives us 72 hours total production time,which gives us 4320 minutes.
Are you still following. Ok now we multilply 4320 x 100 and that gives as
nothing less but

                       432000 Lbs of cereal. Well Well

Fourhundred and thirty two thousand pounds of cereal(pass those bowls) is
quite some thing. They also have to be consumed in 12 month period. Keep
eating!!!

Lets guess we eat 3 boxes of that cereal per month per person.(36 per year)
Now we need 12 000 pesons that are willing to pre order each 36 boxes of
that cereal. can we do it. I think we could.  We could collect all the
order for a period of 3 month and i am willing to take the orders and tha
present them to somebody like Kellogs in order to make them see.
Obviously there might be some smaller company that would be able to run
smaller runs. This is just an idea and some back ground info why there are
not too many safe glutenfree cereals on the market.

Have a good day and send me those orders. If somebody is sertiously
interested in a project like that, i tell you everything is possible.

Ted Wolff