Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:33:17 -0800

I adjusted one of my old cake recipes to be GF and I almost ate the whole
thing.  It not only doesn't get dry--it gets moister.

PINEAPPLE NUT CAKE

2 C. flour mix (2 parts white rice flr, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part
                tapioca flr)
2 C. sugar
1 tsp. xanthum gum (I just guessed at how much!!!)
2 eggs (beat eggs)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 can (1 lb. 4 oz) crushed pineapple INCLUDING juice
1 tsp. GF vanilla
1 C. chopped walnuts

Do not beat all with mixer.  Mix all together by hand and pour into ungreased
sheet cake pan (approx. 11" x 17").

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  Frost while cake is still a little
warm.

FROSTING
1 C. powdered sugar (add more to be thicker)
1 3-oz  pkg. cream cheese
1/2 stick oleo (I used a little less)
1 tsp. GF vanilla

Mix and pour over slightly warm cake.

If you want a real treat, warm slightly before eating and add a scoop of
Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice cream--it's GF!  (I have no connection to
company).

Enjoy!
Sharon in KS, USA
"Smile--it's contagious"