From:
charlie white <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 18:06:48 -0500

Hi everyone,

There has been a couple of posts on people feeling deprived when the goodies
are being passed around.

This is just a suggestion and what I try to do.  If I am going somewhere I
always bring something I can eat, I keep a special little stash of goodies
in the frig so that I can stick something in my purse, I find they do not
mind in restaurants as long as you leave a tip!

Noone understands as we celiacs do that it is no fun not being able to eat
anything.  I think it is very important psychologically to avoid that
deprived feeling and take the time to bring yourself something.  Chances are
if you do youre going to eating something far superior to anything you can
get ready made anyway!!!!  I have gone out to breakfast with friends and
brought my own food and actually feel guilty eating home made bread, bacon
and eggs in front of them and their restaurant food.  I was just thinking the
other day, I would never be eating this healthy were it not for the gf diet.

Here is something for your sweet tooth-

Melt 2 squares of unsweetened chocalate in micro.  add honey or sugar to
taste and about 1/4 cup peanut butter.  Stir add chopped almonds.  delicious!

Take care and have a sunshiny day!

Janet in Maine