From:
Caroline Blain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caroline Blain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:09:38 -0400

Any support groups in Ern. NC?  We are in New Bern and new sprues.

Also, we are going on an big family trip.  Each couple is taking a night to
cook.  (I would be happy to cook every night to keep the gf/cf easy) but
everyone wants to chip in and take turns.

My mother-in-law wants to have a family dinner with a baked ham that she can
bake ahead and bring or better yet purchase and have the left overs feed us
each day for lunch.  She is trying to have a big meal that everyone can
enjoy and requires minimum cooking on her part.  She doesn't like to cook.

We know that the old favorite of HoneyBaked is out.  Any gf hams out there?
Do hams have the same challenges as turkeys?

My family (four gf/cf--New sprues, and dh can eat everything) doesn't do
lunch meats so we will be doing other options whether or not we can have the
ham for lunch.  I have a two week menu that we rotate through and had
planned to just cook for everyone else since I love to cook.  It is dh's
family; his parents, sister & child, and brother plus our three sprue babies
and my sprue self.

Would love to hear suggestions on the ham, other large meats, and family
vacation tips.  I plan to put together some info packs (do's & don'ts) for
the adults to review before we go in Nov.

Thank you in advance,
Caroline