Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 12:53:55 -0500

My sister-in-law was diagnosed with MS about 7 months ago.  Maybe it's
denial, I'm not sure, but I wonder if it's not something else.  She has had
Celiac symptoms for as long as I have known about the disorder.  My son was
diagnosed 3 years ago when he was 3 1/2.  I remember the doctor asking me if
anyone in our family had similar symptoms.  I responded "no" because I
really was unaware of the all the symptoms, and when do you discuss stool
characteristics with your family???.  But as I learn more and more about CD
I realize that there are so many other disorders involved or related in some
way.  Does anyone know about the relationship between CD and MS?  Could she
have been misdiagnosed, or could a gluten-free diet lessen the severity of
her symptoms?  I have been insisting that she have the anitbody blood test
and a biopsy but she's afraid to find out more bad news I think.  Thanks in
advance for any info :)

always learning,
Chris Brecka
Windsor, Ontario