From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 12:54:59 -0500

Thanks to all for the info on Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge ice cream topping.
 It appears that it is indeed GF.  My son ate it this weekend with no
problems, relishing every bite.  Here are the responses I received,
including one recipe for making your own.  Funny, I can make and bake a lot
of people right out of the kitchen but I've never made a hot fudge sauce
worth spit!  But thanks anyway, Anne, for the recipe.   :-)   Joy

Yes, Mrs. Richardson’s Hot fudge is gluten free. I called the company myself
and they even sent me coupons for the product.  Go ahead. Enjoy! Karen

*********
I've used them in the past...I did call the company but that was a couple of
years ago.

I found the following contact information
online--http://www.baldwinrichardsonfoods.com/contactus.html
Or call our corporate headquarters at 1-815-464-9994.

I know it's the weekend & offices aren't open...I personally would use the
product.  If you plan to use it regularly, you should call the company.
Every call is a vote for celiac awareness.  If it's g.f., they should put it
on their website.
Bev

I had contacted them originally in 2001 since we were using it for ice cream
sundaes at GF camp in MInnesota..."I check my files from old newsletters &
found this post..Alwaye good to get a recheck. Bev Lieven

Mrs. Richardson's Ice Cream Toppings….Dottie G. Demay ([log in to unmask])
sent a list of their retail products which are g.f.  Enjoy.

00240 - Hot Fudge Topping
00241 - Strawberry Topping
00243 - Butterscotch Caramel Topping
00249 - Fat Free Caramel Topping
00250 - Dark Chocolate Fudge Topping
00262 - Butterscotch Topping
00276 - Fat Free Hot Fudge Topping

*********************

Way before celiac darkened our door, we ate hot fudge sundaes that we made
ourselves and it can't be easier.

For one serving.... (once you get the proportions down, you can make a
larger batch)
Take about 1/2 cup Nestle's chocolate chips and put into a glass bowl or
measuring cup.
Add 2-3 tablespoons milk.
Microwave for 30 seconds
Take it out and stir with the back of a spoon.  The chips won't look melted
yet but that is okay.  As you stir, they will blend with the milk.  Don't
panic!  At first it will look funny, but suddenly it will turn into this
really smooth hot fudge topping.  You can add a drop of vanilla if you want
a more complex flavor.

If it seems too thin, toss a few more choc. chips into the mixture and stir
some more.  Also, it can be made thinner by adding another tablespoon of milk.

The easiest way to make yourself a little serving is to do the choc chips
and milk in the bowl.  Heat, stir, and add ice cream.  No prep bowl to
wash.....no evidence....

This wins over storebought anytime.  Everyone loves it and it is too easy.
If you have some left over it will get hard, but that is okay. Just
microwave for 10-15 seconds, stir again, and presto yummy again.

Anne in Texas

Also, I have used Fran's Chocolate Sauce, and Raspberry Sauce without
any problems. Fran is a chocolatier from Seattle, her stuff is GOOD!

 -Eileen