From:
Cecilia Vohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:58:15 -0800

Dear Listmates:

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry on my difficulty in swallowing.  I
have since seen a GI and my internist (my internist for something else, when I
mentioned the difficulty), and both don't think it is serious enough to look
into it any further.  I guess I'll have to grow a tail or something!  (G)

Anyway, here is a summary of responses:

I, too, have that problem occasionally.  I have a problem with esophagus
motility.  In a week I'm going to Mayo Clinic to have more tests done.  Not
sure that anything can be done, but hopefully I'll find out.
------
You should have a dr check out the problem as fast as you can. There
are several possible reasons for difficulty swallowing, including
tumors and neurological problems, so you can see it is nothing to
delay. If it is neurological in nature, it could be related to celiac
as far as I know, as CD does cause neurological complications, from
what I've read.

I'm not a dr, or even in the medical profession, so this is not
medical advice. However, I evaluated disability claims for over 6
yrs, and have been involved in graphic art for the medical profession
for over 15 yrs, so I've seen a bit about this problem.
Good luck and good health!