From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:08:48 -0400

A Gluten Guide (www.aglutenguide.com) provided me with these links:

Asia de Cuba - Midtown East

Bistango Italian - Murray Hill

Bloom's Diner - Midtown East

Bloomingdales's 40 Carrots Soft Serve Ice Cream - Midtown East

Blue Smoke BBQ - Gramercy/Murray Hill

Candle 79 Vegetarian - Upper East Side

Candle Café Vegetarian - Upper East Side

Ciao Italian Restaurant - Westchester

Gobo Vegetarian - Upper East Side, West Village

GourmetLand Chinese - Upper East Side

Gramercy Tavern - Flatiron/Union Square

Gus's Place Greek - West Village

Hampton Chutney - SoHo, Upper West Side, Hamptons

Lilli and Loo's - Midtown East

Lumi Italian - Upper East Side

Mas (farmhouse) - West Village

Mozzarelli's Pizza - Flatiron/Union Square

Peter's Gourmet Diner - Upper East Side

Otto Italian - Washington Square Park

Pinkberry - Various Locations

Rice - Murray Hill, Brooklyn

Risotteria - West Village

Rosa Mexicano - Midtown East, Upper West Side, Union Square

Sacred Chow Vegan - West Village

Sambuca Italian - Upper West Side

Tasti D Lite - Various Locations

Ted's Montana Grill - Midtown West

Tini's Italian - Upper East Side

Two restaurants in my neighborhood have provided me with fabulous, gluten
free meals for some time now.  They are

'Cesca
164 West 75th Street
 (between Amsterdam & Columbus Avenues)
Tel. 212-787-6300

and

Telepan
72 West 69th Street
 (between Columbus Ave and Central Park West)
Tel. 212-680-4300.

'Cesca is more like a bistro, Telepan a more  upscale restaurant.

Just tell them that your dishes need to be gluten-free.

www.celiacchicks.com - there are many great places reviewed on this site but
the lastest and greatest is there is now a place we can get fabulous mac-n-
cheese gluten free! S'MAC in NYC took 8 months to develop their gluten free
offerings and they used glutenoids to test taste the trial recipes. When the
test tasters could not tell the difference in the gluten and gluten free pastas,
they knew the dishes were good enough for the menu. They have no flour or
bread crumbs in the restaurant to protect from cc issues. The owner
developed gluten intolerance after she opened the restaurant.

http://www.smacnyc.com/home.html - you can also see the yummy dishes,
and read a review of them here :  http://aglutenfreeguide.com/gluten-free-
mac-and-cheese-in-nyc.html

This place just started offering gluten free pizza - call before 6 pm for gf crust
except on weekends. http://www.pala-ny.com

PizzaBolla now serves gluten free pizza, in addition to garlic bread, lasagne
and chicken parmasean - www.pizzabolla.com
Thanks to everyone who took the time to help with great suggestions of
places to enjoy in your lovely city. I can NOT wait to get there!

TJ
www.gladtobeglutenfree.blogspot.com