From:
"Judy C. Hettena Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 07:33:56 -0500

On a different note, just tried a new yummy GF snack I'd like to share.
Its called "Just Veggies" - found it at my local health food store
yesterday.  They also make "Just Fruit".  The "Just Veggies" contain freeze
dried carrots, CORN, bell peppers and tomatoes, nothing else.  The veggies
are crunchy, light & sweet, and the nutritional label sounded like it
provided loads of Vitamins C & A.  My veggie hating 3 year old liked them
too!

If you want to look for a place that has them, their number is (209)
894-5371.  Of course I have no interest in the company.

However, I do have a selfish interest in the posting - the product was
pretty expensive ($1.00/ounce), and I wondered if anyone had ever heard of
a way to freeze dry at home?  I thought of trying this in my food
dehydrator, but I wasn't sure if it would come out as light and crunchy.
Has anyone tried something like this before?

Judy Hettena Wright
Vermont