Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 09:40:41 -0500

Dear Friends,
For those who are dealing with both diabetes and celiac disease, you may
be interested in the recent article in GLUTEN-FREE LIVING newsletter
about this topic, written by Kemp Randolph (on this List). The editor is
Ann Whelan. Memberships are $29 for 6 issues for 1 year. Mail checks to
Gluten-Free Living, P.O. Box 105, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706.

A number of diabetic celiacs are on this List and have communicated with
me or Sara Jones as wanting to participate in a questionnaire. This whole
project was accepted by CSA as part of its thrust in education this year.
The people we know about have received one personal letter from Sara
Jones. These people will automatically receive the next issue of the
Houston Celiac-Sprue Support Group March/April issue which will include a
reprint (with permission) of the Diabetes Forecast article "Wheat's Your
Problem?", and several personal stories from people who are coping well
with both diseases.

It is not easy to cope with one disease, much less two with multiple food
restrictions.  By communicating together, we hope to offer suggestions
and hope.  Janet Rinehart in Houston (CSA President)