From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:49:29 -0600

Alamo Celiac is proud to announce that Dr Kenneth Fine will be speaking
to both the Austin Celiac Sprue Support Association and the San Antonio
Celiac Sprue Support Group this week. He will be in Austin on Wednesday,
20 March, and in San Antonio on Thursday, 21 March. Details below.

Dr. Fine in Central/South Texas Double Header

Dr. Kenneth Fine will talk in both Austin and San Antonio about his own
experiences with food sensitivity and will discuss a general approach to
health and life, which he calls "10 Steps to FinerHealth and
Nutrition".   The Austin session will be on Wednesday March 20, 2002 and
the San Antonio session will be the following night, Thursday March 21,
2002.

In September 2000 and again in September 2001, we were fortunate to hear
Dr. Fine speak on the "The Full Clinical Spectrum of Gluten
Sensitivity".  The March talk is a new talk that will hopefully help
those with good health attain great health and those who may still be
struggling after a diagnosis of celiac disease or gluten sensitivity
become symptom-free.  Based on our past experiences with Dr. Fine, we
know his presentations are not to be missed.

Dr. Fine is board certified in internal medicine and a
gastroenterologist.  His work is in patient care, medical research, and
teaching.  The focus of Dr. Fine's research and clinical experience is
gluten-sensitive enteropathy (also called celiac sprue) and microscopic
colitis.  Most of us in the celiac community consider Dr. Fine one of
the foremost researchers in celiac disease today.  Through his research
Dr. Fine has developed new and innovative diagnostic tests for celiac
disease that can done by mail and do not require a biopsy.

The Austin meeting (3/20/2002) is at 7 p.m. at Tarrytown United
Methodist Church, 2601 Exposition Blvd., room 208.  The San Antonio
meeting (3/21/2002) is also at 7 p.m. in the Parlor of Covenant
Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive.

Please bring a gluten free snack to share after the talk.  It is
important that included with each snack is a listing of ingredients.
Some of our members need to avoid more than just gluten.  If the recipe
is either original or has been changed at least 3 times, please bring
the recipe.  We can publish these recipes in the recipe exchange section
of our monthly newsletter.

We hope to see you at one of these sessions.