From:
Albert Vala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Vala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:59:33 -0400

The question was: Is connection between morning sickness in pregnancy and
gluten?

Thank you all for responding to my post. I am quoting them all because
small number of respondent. However, they are all educational.

I had few responds. It seems to me that it does not make different.

My conclusion: Avoiding surely morning sickness is, avoiding gluten and
just not get pregnant! LOL

Never heard of a connection, a lot of women don’t get morning sickness. I
was GF my 2nd pregnancy and was just as sick as the first pregnancy.

I was gluten free for over five years before my first pregnancy and followed

a strict gluten free diet.   I had HORRIFIC morning sickness through 2/3 of

all of three of my pregnancies.   I think the two are unrelated.

I had been on a strict GF diet for about 3 years when I became pregnant
with my daughter about 10 years ago.  I had morning sickness from the time
that I think I became pregnant until 2 days after I delivered her.  Morning
sickness occurred in 1st & 3rd trimester and evening sickness in 2nd
trimester.  I was becoming so dehydrated that my doctor put me on Zofran
(which is typically given to cancer patients when doing radiation).  This
along with eating small meals seemed to keep it in check.  I found that if
I ate a Van's GF waffle when I first got up and then laid back down for
about 15-30 minutes, then I was OK the rest of the day.

I wasn't sick at all with either pregnancy. I'd feel a little queasy in the
AM if I didn't eat breakfast right away but I was never sick and just stuck
to my gluten free diet.  I don't think there should be a connection since
the morning sickness is typically caused by rising hormone (HCG) levels.
Hope this helps.

I was not on a GF diet with any of my four children and I had no morning
sickness. .

My daughter is about 16 weeks

pregnant.  She has been married for 7 years and finally got pregnant late

last year but had a miscarriage early this year.  The dr noticed that myself

and her brother have Celiac.  She does not.  The dr asked if she had been

tested for the gene.  She said no and had the test done.  She carries the

gene for celiac.  The dr told her there is a correlation between carrying

the gene and having a hard time getting pregnant and carrying to full term.

My daughter then went gluten free and was able to get pregnant right away.

However she had no morning sickness, just a little tiredness, but I was sick

every day when I was pregnant with her and her brother.  I am not sure why

she didn't have any morning sickness.  I was not diagnosis until about 20

years after they were born.