From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 13:29:39 -0400

I asked which blood tests are necessary for CD diagnosis.  I only
received two or three answers, but I got what I was looking for.   First
is a website you can check out.....very informative.   The second is
another answer I received.  Thanks to all.

Bev

(1)    http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/thodge/DIAG-TST.txt

(2)    I am taking the following information from the Gluten Intolerance
Group Brochure.

Diagnosis Blood antibody tests are a useful screening tool. Testing for
gluten intolerance should include:

Tissue Transglutaminase IgA and IgG (tTG-IgA & IgG)
Anti-endomysial Antibodies IgA (EMA IgA)
Anti-gliadin Antibodies (IgA and IgG (AGA IgA & IgG)

The combination of these tests are considered to be the most specific
and sensitive for celiac disease. Although many laboratory tests can
show that foods are not being processed normally by the digestive tract,
a small intestine tissue biopsy is the gold standard for diagnosis of
celiac disease.