From:
William M Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 05:55:03 -0700

Hello all,

   Recently I have been reviewing some sites that list celiac safe
alcohols.  I host a page on the subject, which I started because no one
else had any information on it.
(http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1256/index.htm) I have
contacted many of the companies myself, and placed the information on my
site.

   Recently I have noticed a couple of other sites which have decided to
also list celiac safe alcohols.  They are listing the VSOP Brandy by E&J
Gallo (which happens to be their finest brandy) as not gluten free.  I
have information from E&J on 6-24-98 that states that all of their
brandys EXCEPT Cask and Cream Liquor are gluten free.  They told me
specifically that E&J Brandy, E&J VSOP Brandy and E&J White Brandy are
all safe.  So drink any Brandy from E&J you like, except for the Cask
and Cream Liquor.

   My other topic was copyright information.  There seem to be some
misconceptions about this also.  I am not a copyright lawyer, but I am a
librarian, so know a bit about it.  Also, I am an amature photographer,
so knowing when my works are copyrighted is important.

   When something is written, it is automatically copyrighted at the
moment of it's conception.  It does not matter if the author placed the
copyright symbol on the artical, or if they stated that it was
copyrighted.  It's not nice, or legal to copy anyone's data without
their permission or at least giving them credit.  Copyright applies to
pictures, text, graphs and the sort.  The symbol or the copyright
statement only serves as a reminder.  The author need only prove that he
or she made the article in question by showing the publishing date.

FYI,
Bill Kane
Normal, IL  USA