Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:42:17 -0700

I would just like to share my recent trip to Canada with all of you.  I recently took a trip to Napanee, Ontario(near Kingston).  They have bulk food barns up there where you can buy lots of gf food, everything is in bins.  Nuts dried fruit etc., you name it. What impressed me the most was that in their local supermarket they had a spot in the frozen food section where they had a selection of gf food like sliced bread, bagels, dinner rolls, hamburger buns, frozen pizza etc.  They are put out by El Peto and Kinninnicki, both Canadian Companys.  Also they had a section of all kinds of gf pasta and various gf foods.  They seem so much more knowledgeable up there about celiac.

What I'm thinking is why can't the supermarkets carry gf food down here.  Maybe if enough of us drop a note in the suggestion box or call the managers it will happen.  Any thoughts?

Janet, Maine