From:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:28:55 EDT

Original Post:

<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

I have a friend with a 5 year old son. He has severe asthma, multiple food
sensitivies and is struggling with getting a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD. She
doesn't want him to be "labeled" and she doesn't want to put him on to meds.
I have told her about Celiac before but she didn't pursue it. Tonight she
asked me more. She wants information. Does anybody have any good resources
(internet sites or books) that I could tell her about. I will be forwarding
all email replies to her unless asked not to. Thanks!
Stacy

Thank you for the 44 responses! I had forwarded most to my friend (she was
getting a little overwhelmed and asked me to stop sending more emails!LOL)
She has also come to the conclusion that she may also be gluten sensitive and
will be pursuing it further. Many shared their personal stories and I think
this is what really got her attention. I will summerize the web sites and
books that were suggested for reference to ADD/ADHD. I'm sorry if I didn't
get back to most of you. I just don't get much free time!

Web sites:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start
http://www.autismndi.com/ (Autism Network for Dietary
             Intervention)
www.gfcfdiet.com
www.gfcfkids.com
www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/
www.nomilk.com
www.celiackids.com
www.autism-diet.com
www.autism.com/ari/
www.autism-society.org
www.autism.org
www.canfoundation.org
www.feingold.org
www.greatplainslaboratory.com
http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/Publications/index.htm,
             click on Gut Protocol to go to: "Guide to Intestinal Health in
Autism
             Spectrum Disorders"
www.gnd.org
www.autisminfo.com
http://www.paleodiet.com/autism/
http://members.aol.com/autismndi/PAGES/books1.htm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0658003984/104-0224255-0215933
http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/autism.html
www.gluten-free.org
<A HREF="http://celiac.com/">http://celiac.com</A>  -- check Danna Korn's books
<A HREF="http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html">http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html</A>
<A HREF="http://www.gfcfdiet.com/Chocolatecandy.htm#assorted%20candy">http://www.gfcfdiet.com/Chocolatecandy.htm#assorted%20candy</A>
<A HREF="http://www.healthwell.com/delicious-online/D_backs/Apr_01/nutrition.cfm">http://www.healthwell.com/delicious-online/D_backs/Apr_01/nutrition.cfm</A>
<A HREF="http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/peds/pidl/gi/celiac.htm">http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/peds/pidl/gi/celiac.htm</A>
<A HREF="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/celiacdisease.html">http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/celiacdisease.html</A>
<A HREF="http://www.delphiforums.com/">http://www.delphiforums.com/</A>
<A HREF="http://mel.lib.mi.us/health/health-celiac.html">http://mel.lib.mi.us/health/health-celiac.html</A>
http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/hoggan/ and click on ADHD/ADD
http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan
csaceliacs.org
http://www.friendsofceliac.com/
http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com
http://www.drrapp.com/toxicplaces2.html
http://www.autismweb.com/_disc/000001f1.htm
http://www.healing-arts.org/dbasics/wwwboard/general/messages/241.html
http://www.celiac.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=112&p_catid=&si
             d=91hH9H0Wi7UFBWg-10102090579.dc
http://www.celiac.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=654&p_catid=&si
             d=91hH9H0Wi7UFBWg-10102090579.dc
www.finerhealth.com

Books:
Special Diets for Special Kids, by Lisa S. Lewis, Ph.D.
Special Diets For Special Kids TWO, by Lisa S. Lewis, Ph.D
Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and PDD ­ A Motheršs Story of Research
             and Recovery, by Karyn Seroussi
Is This Your Child?  by Doris J. Rapp
Kids With Celiac Disease, a family guide to raising happy, healthy gluten
             free children by Danna Korn
Wheat Free, Worry Free, the art of happy healthy gluten free living by
             Danna Korn.
Dangerous Grains by Ron Hoggan and James Braly, MD
The following books are by Bette Hagman:
       The Gluten Free Gourmet, Living Well Without Wheat
       The Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Fast & Healthy
       The Gluten Free Gourmet Bakes Bread
       The Gluten Free Gourmet Makes Dessert
The following books are by Carol Fenster:
       Wheat Free Recipes & Menus -- Delicious Dining Without Wheat or Gluten
       Special Diet Solutions -- Healthy Cooking Without Wheat, Gluten,
Dairy, Eggs,  Yeast or  Refined Sugar
       Special Diet Celebrations: no wheat, gluten, dairy or eggs Wheat-Free
Recipes   and Menus
The Gluten Free Kitchen -- over 135 delicious recipes for people with
             gluten intolerance or wheat allergy, by Roben Ryberg
Sully's Living Without Magazine
The GF Pantry has some phamphlets on ADD and Food allergies

Stacy Higginbotham