From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:24:57 -0500

Thank you so much to all the kind folks who shared ideas for gf dining in
the Rosemont/ Chicago area.  It sounds like we have lots of great
options!!!!

I have copied the posts below.  There seems to be an overwhelming response
for trying out Da Luciano's.  It sounds awesome!  We have several nights to
enjoy these great choices so I am looking forward to some fun places.

My original summary was too large so this is split into two posts.  The
second is a summary from another member's earlier search.

Thank you all for sharing your experience with me.

Becky in Texas

--------------______________________________________________________________

There is an outback steakhouse with a GF menu right there.

Will you have a car??  Options not in Chgo but closer to Rosemont include:
Sweet Baby Rays ribs in Elk Grove Village, Affresco's in Park Ridge, Sunrise
Grill in Mt Prospect.  There are a bunch of fancy steakhouses in Rosemont
that can accomodate you, as well, check for them on the glutenfreeregistry
site

__

I always ate at the hotel and had no problems; however that was eggs,
chicken, salads etc. and I had my lunches at the conference centre as we
were always on the go - eating Lara Bars that I brought

There are lots of chain restaurants for the USA and Canada listed in the
Road Scene at www.theceliacscene.com which is where I have been putting my
10 years of full time travel experience into - helping Ellen build her site
for Celiacs by Celiacs who are dining out on the Road in Chain restaurants
and getting the menu's from the chains for her to display

Almost all of the big chain restaurants and steak houses in the hotels can
keep you safe in that area.  Also, about 15 minutes from the Convention
Center is DaLuciano's - the best gluten-free Italian food you could ever
imagine.  Go to their website and call to make a reservation.

If you will have a car, the Gluten Free Cooking Expo and Vendor Fair is
happening on the 17th and 18th in Lisle at the Wyndham Hotel.  Over 60
gluten-free vendors.  You can go to www.gfreelife.com for details.

www.dalucianos.com

Da Luciano's

8343 W. Grand Avenue

River Grove, IL 60171

We ate there last summer. It was wonderful. Check out their web site.

Even if you have to get a taxi it is worth it. They have two separate
kitchens. I could not tell the difference between my food and my husband's
(celiac).

Da Luciano is in River Grove...not exactly close to the Rosemont, I don't
believe, but worth going to. They have a separate kitchen for preparation of
gluten-free food. Never tried them because I'm still too sick to risk going
anywhere, but I heard it's good.

The American Girl Restaurant can accommodate the gf diet