From:
Roxanne Donahue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roxanne Donahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:20:46 -0400

I got a few replies about experiences with Zone Perfect Bars. All did not
have issues with the non-gluten flavors, including some list members who are
very sensitive.

Some flavors are free of gluten ingredients (according to Abbott
Nutritionals who makes Zone Perfect).  Other flavors DO contain gluten
ingredients or oat.  In a phone conversation with Abbott Customer Service
over the summer, I was told that these flavors do not have gluten
ingredients:

Chocolate almond raisin

chocolate coconut chunk

Chocolate raspberry

Peanut toffee

Strawberry yogurt

All Fruitified flavors except Apple Cinnamon

They noted that flavors get reformulated from time-to-time, so reading the
labels is the safest approach.

Here are the responses I received:

I have no problem with Zone Perfect bars. I've spoken personally to their
reps and know that the bars are gluten free. (I am very sensitive to
gluten!)

i have no problem with them.  I think there is one or two flavors that might
not be GF so read the labels

I have no problem with about three of the flavors (chocolate-caramel,
chocolate-almond-raison, and chocolate mint). . . other flavors I do have
issues with. So read the label is what I'd say. And I am one of the fairly
sensitive celiacs, just a little exposure sets me off.

*******
*******