From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:14:13 -0500

Wow. You're terrific. I'm finding out that there are many listmates with the same problem...low vit. D levels (and doctors who are not on top of it!)...whose insides are healed.

There are too many to summarize right now. I'll attempt it in a few days when the response quiets down.

But here is something I didn't think that is really worth sharing now...If you live in the northern states, since the sun isn't effective in the winter months, some take extra Vit. D only during the winter months, but don't need it during the warmer weather, when the sunlight is more direct. Common sense, but I didn't think about that.

Also. Don't use sunscreen during the time you're hoping to accumulate the sun's effect for vit. D. (I actually only use it during the summer when I'm on my boat or going to the pool or beach.)

I'll summarize as soon as I can.

Thanks much. It always helps to have information before going to the doctor, because for sure, we have to be educated consumers.

Lin