Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:48:33 -0500

I wanted to send my response to Tim's question back to the whole list
since it comes up so often.  I live just outside of Chicago and have found
that dining downtown in that city is a wonderful experience for someone
with Celiac (in my case, my 11-year old daughter).  There are so many very
fine restaurants with chefs well acquainted with gluten intolerance even
if there is no gluten free menu per se.  Also, being a "world-class" city
(I don't know the right word for it), Chicago receives many foreign
travelers with dietary restrictions that must be accommodated.

I would like to suggest a very helpful website for those of you planning a
trip to Chicago.  I use it all the time myself because it has some great
information not only for dining, but also hotels, theaters and other
events as well:  www.metromix.com.  One feature I particularly like is
that you can search for something within a given radius to something
else…. i.e. a restaurant that is within walking distance of the Marriott.

With that said, here are a few of my personal favorites:

Bistro 110
McCormick and Schmick
Weber Grill
Magnums
Wildfire

Hopefully, this information will be of help to some of you….

Dina

Tim McKenna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
< >

I'll be taking a trip to Chicago in a week and would like to know of places
to eat. I would really like to experience a taste of Chicago so places
outside of the normal Outbacks and PF Changs would be ideal. Thanks