From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:46:25 -0500

Hi All--

I have an appointment Thursday a.m. with a dermatologist for a biopsy to
rule out DH.  My question is, if the lesion is actually gone, but small
scars still show, can they get a good result? The dermatologist says he
can request an immunoflorescent study on old lesions (he didn't say how
old) and the results should be valid. I've been trying to get a biopsy
of the actual lesions and surrounding areas for over a year now, so this
is my only other option. (These latest lesions errupted the first of
April, but there are very faint pink scars remaining - not sure they
will still be there on Thursday) I haven't been able to get a biopsy in
the past because either they occur on the weekend, the Dr. is out of
town, or the doc can't work me in the day they occur.

I hope some of you can help me with an answer - I hate to go in for a
biopsy and find out the chance of a false negative is higher than the
chances of a valid result.

Thanks for any info you can give...

Ayn Gilliland
Topeka, Kansas