From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2010 22:03:38 -0400

I think this is the last of it....for now. Thanks again. FYI...Just doing alittle more cardio and cutting out carbs this week....I lost 3 pounds. We'll see if this keeps up. I realize that the beginning is water wt, but since my ring is still tight, I think this was fat, not water. Lin

I use a weight watcher trick for the yogurt.  plain (greek fat free) with a splash of vanilla extract and a bit of splenda.  a few berries or chopped pineapple topped with toasted coconut.
for snacking, sliced turkey rolled around a piece of pickle or roasted red pepper.  roasted chicken or turkey,boiled or grilled shrimp, almonds and walnuts.   i can easily snack on lean protein like chicken, fish.  i don't have much of a sweet tooth, so the salt/savory snacks always worked best for me.
you should also have a protein/carb snack before exercise.

Nuts! The starving feeling passes once you body adapts to the change after a week or so. Be careful not to ingest too few or too nutrient poor veggies like the lettuce and celery you mentioned. Snack on carrots and hummus or asparagus lightly steamed, hard boiled egg, tuna salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf. Try greek yogurt and add stevia instead of sugar. Protein powder shake with skim or almond milk and fruit. Usually natural sugar found in fruit is okay in moderation so don't cut out fruit entirely.

I eat walnuts and almonds for snacks. I eat Lara bars.They are fruit and nuts and all these snacks are filling. I bake apple cake with no cholesterol and cut into squares and freeze. All this baking is a pain in the you know where but it works. I eat smaller portions. Your stomach shrinks and you get used to eating less. I am slim for years now eating like this. I still eat my breads which I make myself using brown rice flour, tapioca starch and yam flour. I don't like the 3 flour recipes and the ones you buy are same thing. white flour turns to sugar in the body.

Try hummus with carrot sticks. Try some raw cashews or peanuts.

Include more lean protein and good
fats. You should shoot for 20-30 grams of protein 3 times a day at least and
4-5 cups of veggies. Throw in an avocado, some olives (or olive oil on your
salad), nuts, and add coconut oil to your regimen.

The protein and fat will keep you sated.