From:
Linda C Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:27:09 EST

      I am new to the celiac list, have been reading for awhile and
searching since my diagnosis last year. I have lived with symptoms most
all my life and was "diagnosed" with everything from Anorexia Nervosa to
Crohns, when 6 vertebrae basically disintegrated(I have rods and donor
bone now), the physicians got serious. None have been very interested in
the "rash" I get on my hands, little blisters that weep and crack, look
horrid and hurt like the devil, occasionally the rash will appear on legs
or feet, the worse area is my left hand. What I have read about DH
described it as mostly around elbows or crease areas, could my rash be
DH? Nothing heals it even when I used to be able to use cortisone based
creams no go and can no longer use those due to severe osteoporosis. I
would appreciate any thoughts on trying to get some relief, right now I
am ripping into my aloe plant. If this is DH is it affected by handling
gluten/gliadin? Thanks in advance for any/all assistance, ideas and
suggestions.

Linda Holmes, Glenburn, Maine ([log in to unmask])

I Had a Life Once Now I Have A Computer