From:
James A Doubravsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:29:09 EST

Earlier I wrote, Brandy is distilled wine and there for should be GF, but
is it?
 Two sources ( one of witch was "Heublein" who bottles Christain Brothers
Brandy ) have told me that brandy is aged in used barrels, some of witch
were used to age Bourbon or Rye. So while the ingredients are GF cross
contamination is VERY POSSIBLE.
  I called Heublein and talked with "Joan" at 1-800-729-3372 ext. 4062
who is a very nice lady who went to grate trouble to answer my questions,
even calling me back twice. As I understand they run 4 products,
Christain Brothers Brandy - POSSIBLE contamination from barrels, Smirnoff
Vodka - on a dedicated line, Popov Vodka -  on a NON dedicated line, and
Tequila ( you know that Mexican name in the song ) .  ALL PRODUCT
INGREDIENTS ARE GF (  there vodka is made with corn ) , but with
POSSIBILITY OF CROSS CONTAMINATION in there brandy and Popvo Vodka.  Also
, I was told that they had received a letter from CSA\USA requesting
information about there products and that there chemist would be
answering that letter. I would be interested in that letter, so it would
be nice if one of you who are connected to CSA\USA would publish that
letter when it is received. If any one calls" Heublein" please extend
every curtesy to Joan and extend our thanks.
        Jim D.   Riverside, CA.  USA