From:
CSAChapter100 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CSAChapter100 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 17:09:43 -0400

Virginia CSA/USA Chapter #100 Announcements

Next Weekend!

Sunday, June 14th at 2 pm
CSA/USA Chapter #100
New Members Meeting (a few spots are still available)
(at the home of CSA Chapter 100 Chairperson)
1542 Moorings Drive #21C
Reston, VA    Lake Anne
http://www.lakeanneplaza.com/lap_site_/lap_directions.htm

If you are newly diagnosis and have lots of questions about celiac
disease, please attend this meeting. (Limited to 20)
This will be an informal gathering where you can relax,
have your questions addressed and enjoy a variety of cakes, cookies,
muffins and snacks provided by Marion ’s Smart Delights.
http://www.marionssmartdelights.com

Also you’ll have the opportunity to try Cupola Cookies and Cupola Clouds.
www.cupoladuaoven.com

..and a free gift from Bob’s Red Mill
http://www.bobsredmill.com/home.php?cat=109

Whatever your dietary requirements, there will be a selection of delicious
and nutritious baked goods ranging from vegan, lactose or soy-free options.

Many treats will be low in sugar, all will be peanut-free, and some tree
nut-free. Children attending will especially be surprised by all the GF treats.
(I am next to the lake, so if young children get restless, you can easily walk
over an visit with the ducks)

If you plan on attending, please let me know and I will email you detailed
directions. Contact me at [log in to unmask] or 571-289-5675
Deadline for meeting reservation is June 10th

An idea: Travel to Reston early and visit the Reston Zoo (only about a mile
away)
http://www.restonzoo.com/about.htm

***************

Saturday, July 11th at 10 am
CSA/USA Chapter #100 and Whole Foods
Gluten Free Cooking Class 10:00am

Free Samples   Food Demonstrations   Coupons   Live Music

Location:
Whole Foods
4501 Market Commons Dr
Fairfax, VA 22033
703.222.2058 (ask for Jessica Baer)
(Easy access off of Interstate 66)

Bread and Breakfast! That’s the theme for Whole Foods Market Fair Lakes
July 11th gluten free cooking class with Jules Shepard.

Jules is the founder of www.nearlynormalcooking.com
and a diagnosed Celiac herself.

Class will start at 10am and their will be free product samples,
recipe cards and coupons to take home. There will be lots of
yummy food to taste and you can see how each is made so you feel
confident making it at home. After the class, Jules will answer any
questions you may have about gluten-free cooking as well as host a
Cookbook signing and Gluten free beer tasting! You can also travel
the store and enjoy samples and food demonstrations from gluten free
vendors as well as live music!

Space is limited so please sign up by emailing

Jules E. D. Shepard is the author of Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free
Eating,
and the recently released The First Year: Celiac Disease and Living Gluten-
Free: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed.
She is also a spokesperson for the University of Maryland's Center for Celiac
Research.

This email was sent by:
Daniel DuBravec
CSA/USA Chapter #100