From:
"C. Connolly" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
C. Connolly
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 01:28:26 +0000

Thank you to all who responded to my request about breadmakers purchased in the past 12 mos. or so.  Here is the majority of responses.  It seems to boil down to just a few choices which actually makes my decision easier.  Carol

We have a Cuisinart bread machine and we love it.    It has a GF  setting.   Found it on Craigslist for $50.00
     Dwight
     GF in TN

the breadmaster with the gf function. love it.

I use a Cuisanart.  I like it, with one exception.  It browns too much.  I
have to always use the light setting.  It has a gf setting which is great.

I just got a cuisinart for Christmas and it was not as good as my home made
GF kind.

Don't buy anything but a Zojirushi.
Our thick, sticky dough needs the 2 strong paddles the Zo has.  It also makes an horizontal bread, which is way better.  (The one  I have now makes a too big square bread that I hate).  Moreover, it is a very sturdy machine, and is programmable for a gf cycle.  But again, its best, unique feature is the two sturdy paddles.

Go to our Delphi Celiac Support Group and look at our threads about the Zo machine:
first, go to our forum:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

Once there, go to this message.  You'll see pictures of the bread with the Zo:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start\

Here are other threads about the Zo:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=63773.1

http://tinyurl.com/2pag44

http://tinyurl.com/2vrmbw

Sorry... forgot to give you the Breadman breadmaker model #     TR875.  I
went on Amazon and it says currently unavailable.  ???  Not sure why.. It
makes both 1.5 & 2 lb loaves and takes up less room than the others.  Try
Ebay or maybe a dept. store if you can't wait for it to become available...
Good luck!

We've been using a Zojurushi machine for a number of years (~10) and it
has been excellent.

Actually, I gave my bread machine away. The slices were so large that I had to slice them thick to keep them from crumbling. I now use a heavy duty mixer and bake the bread in a long narrow pan - 14x4 1/2. Works great for me. Jan from ND

In 1997 we bought one of those Zir_ _ _ _ _ _ and I forget how to spell it.
It was a pain to clean and along the way we got a Kitchen Aid mixer and my
wife prefers to use this mixer and I believe she bakes two loaves at a time.  She says
this is quicker and easier plus the mixer can be used to mix pancakes etc etc.
We wound up giving the bread amchine away after trying to sell it at a garage
sale for 10.00. It cost over 200.00.

I have the Breadman brand bread maker... I love it and use it about 3-4
times a week.  It makes everything from dough for rolls or pizza, breads
and even jam!  Best price I found was on Amazon.com.  I believe it was
79.00 and free shipping.  It's not too big and is stainless steel & black
so it looks fine if you leave it on the countertop.  I use mine so often I
never put it away.  Made a loaf last night and gonna make jam tonight.  It
comes with a recipe book and even has a gluten free setting.  I like that
it also has a window so I can check on how it's doing.  If you follow the
directions... it is perfect every time.  Good luck.  My husband and I are
both GF and our 2 kids too... so I make a lot of bread.
I bought a standard $40 dollar machine at Walmart and I make all our gluten
free bread in it.  It works great!

I have a Zojirushi and LOVE it.  My GF bread comes out perfectly every time.  I use Manna from Anna bread mix.

Here is a link to the machine on Amazon.com...

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-BBCCX20-Bakery-Supreme-Machine/dp/B0000T6J3I/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1198862982&sr=8-4

I had a Breadman machine before that and it stopped working after one year.  Didn't last long.