Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:03:56 EST

Most of the responses to my inquiry about where to find oat matzo for
Passover in New York were people asking me to relay any answers.

There is a place in Brooklyn called Landau's on 18th Ave. a block or two past
Macdonald Ave.

Also, you can order to receive it by mail by calling Karen at 1-443-570-3851.
 It's expensive-- $19 for a box plus $7 for shipping and handling.  She said
that if you order additional boxes the shipping fee goes down to $2 for the
second and each additional box.  She said that the oats are grown on a
dedicated
field in Scotland, shipped to Israel where the matzos are made by hand and
all steps are taken to avoid cross-contamination from field to shipment. I had
heard that this was started by an orthodox British rabbi for his celiac
daughter.

Thanks for all of your responses except the cyber stalker who doesn't believe
that informed adults have the right to make their own decisions.

Happy Passover, Easter and anything else you celebrate.

June in NYC