From:
Amy Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 21:58:47 -0700

Hi all ...

Gosh what a great response I received to my plea for help with our angel ...
the appointment with the Gastrointerolgist went OK.  Basically we are
switching Angel to Carnation Good Start Formula (please keep the noise down
...) only as a test to see if she will put on weight with it ... if she does
not put on weight then we go look for malabsorbtion , etc ... We tried to
argue the alergy thing but she said that it had a lower rate of reaction
than the other formulas. Perhaps this will sustain her and bulk her back up
till we can find a Doctor who is knowledgable and will listen.

The Doctor's feedback about Celiac is that it is "EXTREMELY rare" in the US ...

At this point I am willing to try anything to get weight back on her ... the
first bottle I'm noticing red eyelids ... red nose ... mucus in her mouth
and her usual congestion in her throat.

Thanks so much for all your support and prayers ... this is very hard.

Amy  ...            Very greatful for all of you ... :)
"A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature"  Emerson  :)