From:
"Julie A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 16:27:25 -0600

At 01:54 PM 5/10/95 -0400, Dwight Corbitt wrote:
>I'm getting over an MSG hit from yesterday. I don't know if it does an damage
>or not but it frally puts me down. It makes my muscle's acke(sp?) and makes
>me brain dead stupid for a day. Both times when I've got a bad MSG hit it
>took a half a day just to realize it was MSG.  I f anybody can pass any
>info.along about MSG please do.  Does it cause damage to villa, and why does
>it do what it does.

MSG gets straight into the brian.  It is a neuro-transmitter like substance.
In 'normal' people it enhances the brain receptors for 'flavour' - many
people's brains do not respond favorably and tell the body to attack.  Once
you have started reacting to it I doubt you will stop, so stay away from it.
I hope this helps... if you have other reactions similar to your MSG
reaction you may have some serious 'allergies' - if you want to meet others
who have similar reactions subscribe to [log in to unmask] and tell them
your reaction... Oh, one 'cure' you may want to try is 1 tablespoon of
baking soda in 8oz of water.  Drink it.  It may/may not help but it can not
harm you unless you are specifically allergic to baking soda.  There was a
long post on MSG once here... you may want to search the archives for it as
it described the brain reaction and had allot of hidden sources listed.
     Julie May - Administrative Assistant for Orbital OnLine Services
       Owner and operator of Celiac & Environmental Illness WEB pages
                 http://www.orbital.net/~jmay/index.html
                      Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada