From:
Peter-EllenGold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:17:49 +5

This is for those who are not biopsy diagnosed ... as I wasn't ...

I did have chronic diahrea.  I did, periodically, drop as much as 35
lbs. in a shot, (which I did not need to lose).  I had odd rashes.  I
had serious vitamin deficiencies, and real allergies to soy and egg.
I had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.  I had been treated
for depression, periodically, since age 19.  (I am 42). At 5'8,' with an
ideal weight of about 145, I ate more than either my first or second
husband -- both 6' tall, both weighing in at about 185, both quite
active.

After about a (mostly) gf year of presuming that a diagnosis of cd
was correct, (from a naturopathic physician, based on adrenal stress
index test and symptoms), I tried a 3 week herbal formula (I would
explain what I did to a professional, I will not upload it to the
list) for systemic yeast infection ... after three weeks on the tea,
I went for a really major gluten challenge.   That was about two
weeks ago, and I still have no reaction to wheat.

(The gf diet really did alleviate most of my symptoms -- the
fibromyalgia seems to be all but gone, and my skin, nails & hair had
greatly improved.  I do not now eat like I did a year ago, less is
satisfying, and my weight has stablized at 145.  I don't get gas).

My sympathies to all, especially those who are not able to get an
accurate diagnosis of their problem -- (I never really was able to,
so I will never really know what it was that is now gone, tho candida
is a very good guess).

Best of luck, and bye,

Ellen Gold