From:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 15:09:29 +0000

Good morning, List!I am turning to you for an answer once again.  I'm sure you will shed some light on my question.  I'm very confused these days.  I'm hearing so much about the keto diet.  Of course the diet will lead to weight loss, but on a broader scale, I'm hearing that ALL grains are not good for us and lead to inflammation.  And they also include all beans, corn, all potatoes and most fruits (except berries) to be completely excluded from the diet along with all grains.  And sugar is a complete no-no, period. I'm hearing completely eliminating these foods will give you more energy, clarity, and halt things such as osteoarthritis.  Besides eliminating all grains, this diet is high in fat, good fats.
I am on a mission to try to lose 15-20 pounds and am just plain confused as to how to do it.  Thinking of changing my life to eliminate a lot of fruits and vegetables that I love and also avoid rice and corn just seems NOT right to me. And never having gluten free bread or pasta seems impossible.  I don't eat those foods every day, but can't fathom NEVER eating these foods.  And also wondering what the impact on overall health would be of this keto diet. I've been a long time diagnosed celiac and avoiding gluten for the whole time.  I know gluten contributes to a lot of other health issues as well as gut issues and celiac.  I know being gluten free can help eliminate inflammation in the body as well.  Is being gluten free enough or should we all be completely and totally grain free/sugar free?  And please don't shoot the messenger.  I am simply finding this issue confusing and not sure about it AT ALL one way or the other.
I feel that I am perhaps opening a can of worms with this question.  So I will summarize more in the form of a yes or no as I feel it will be extremely difficult to try to include all the replies that I receive.
Thank you in advance for any input!Denise