Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:02:26 -0500

Thanks to all who replied to my post about my 8 year old.  It really gave me some good ideas.  I have done some baking and some things he has actually eaten!  He is so picky so it can be hard at times to find things.  He really likes the gluten free graham crackers with peanut butter for his cold lunch.  I didn't even attempt to contact the school cafeteria since he doesn't like the school food anyway.  He liked the pizza (Miss Robens) and also the cookie mix from there.  I have been cooking hash browns for his breakfast or scrambled eggs.  His tastes can be expensive though!  : )  He totally loves shrimp that is cooked on the grill or shrimp scampi.  (The other two kids like hotdogs so that helps keep costs down.)
We met with the dietician last week.  She was really nice.  In fact, she is going to go into his classroom on Friday and talk to the students in his class about celiac disease and then suggested I bring a few things for the students to try.  My son was really excited about this.
The worst part was all of his class is going out for pizza on Wednesday and so he will need to bring cold lunch (I told him I would bring him some gluten free pizza).
Thanks for all the support.
Heidi