From:
Kim Attaway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Attaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:53:56 -0700

CELIAC DISEASE SCREENING

The Central Wyoming Celiac Association in conjunction with the Wyoming Medical Center, Prometheus Labs, and The Binding Site are offering a blood screening for celiac disease. On May 2 & May 3, 2003 at the Wyoming Medical Center's Health Services Building, 2nd Floor room; corners of 3rd and Washington streets in Casper, Wyoming. The blood test being offered is the Human Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG), auto antibody test. tTG is an auto-antigen recently introduced for the detection of celiac disease. It is thought to be the specific endomysial autoantigen of EMA. This is a sensitive and specific test for celiac disease. With an excellent marker for EMA, that has a greater than 99% correlation with the anti-endomysial antibody, IgA.

We encourage the following to be tested for celiac disease:

. Anyone who has symptoms of gastrointestinal distress

. Family members of people diagnosed with celiac disease

. People who have been tested before and whose test results were inconclusive

. Individuals that may carry a higher risk of celiac disease: type 1 Diabetes, osteoporosis, anemia, Down Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, Autism, and autoimmune disorders.

All Individuals receiving this test will be asked to completely fill out the attached registration form and questionnaire. All results will be mailed directly to the participants and their physicians. All those receiving a positive result will also receive a direct call to explain their results and to answer any questions.

We are very pleased to offer this test to all participants that fall in the above categories, and their family members. Our Association is offering them for the dates of May 2 & 3, 2003 for $10.00 per person to help cover the costs of the kits. The Wyoming Medical Foundation is contributing the costs of the three phlebotomists from the Wyoming Medical Center, and supplies.

There is no age requirement to participate in this screening, and there is no doctor referral required. We do only have 350 kits available for this screening, so if you do decide not to particpate, please contact as soon as possible. Anyone having further questions please contact:

Kim Attaway: [log in to unmask]