Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 17:36:45 -0500

Just received some very sad news today.  My father was just diagnosed with
lymphoma.  As far as I know, he is not Celiac.  My little boy is though.
 Does anyone have any knowledge as to the type of treatment that is of the
best interest to the patient with lymphoma?  Dad will see a doctor at Milton
Hershey Hospital in Hershey, PA.  I know the prognosis isn't good, but he has
battled and won cancer
in his glands once before (over 20 years ago).  My father has had trouble
with his bowels for several months (maybe longer knowing my dad).  He is one
that will put going to a doctor off until absolutely necessary and never
complains.  Is it worth it at this point to have an endoscopy done just to
verify that he is not Celiac.  I'm still in a state of shock right now.  This
is still too new for me.  I keep hearing about miracle drugs, etc. that
people take and then a few months later there is no sign of cancer.
Probably just a gimmick.  Sorry to burden everyone with this but somehow I
keep thinking there is a connection with Celiac in the family.

Thanks for listening.

Pat W.
Lititz PA