From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 20:40:22 -0400

I've been asked if there are eggs in the dump cake recipe...not unless
there are any in the cake mix.

Do you add the syrup..yes, that is the moisture

other versions.....a friend makes it with 2 cans of sour cherries in
heavy syrup which he thins with about a 1/4 cup of rum [couldn't hurt],
The, on top of chocolate cake mix he add a cup or so of choco chips and
a cup or two of nuts..amt depends on his mood.  After adding the butter,
bake at 350 for 45 min.  I'm making this tomorrow for a reception, to
be topped with whipped cream.

You could also use just pineapple chunks in heavy syrup, 2 cans, top
with cake mix to which you have added cinnamon and ginger to your taste,
top with shredded coconut and nuts, add the butter, etc and you have an
easy sort-of pineapple upside down cake. I might consider throwing some
sliced bananas in there and making it a Brazilian pineapple upside down
cake sort of.

Hope this gives you some ideas