From:
Greta deWolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greta deWolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:31:32 -0500

I would like to promote research on biotin and celiac disease.   Below is
my post from my Facebook page.   Please feel free to find my Facebook page
and share.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Popular-beauty-supplement-can-lead-to-life-threatening-misdiagnoses-503571031.html

This is interesting.   Nick always gets cracks in the skin of his fingers
in the winter.  I always thought it was from swimming.  I went to look in
Meijers for something to put on his fingers before swimming.  I found a
nail protectant using biotin.  I went to the supplement section and found a
bottle of biotin.  As he has Celiac Disease it stands to reason he would be
short on biotin as it is a B vitamin and many persons with Celiac are short
on B vitamins.  Wheat products are a main source of Vitamin B.

Even with writing the newsletter for 20 years I had never heard of biotin
supplementation.  So I wrote various places.  Dr Guadalini from the center
at he University of Chicago agreed there is nothing in the literature about
biotin and Celiac Disease.  He agreed it would be an interesting study as
many persons with Celiac Disease have problems with hair, skin, and nails.

Nick has been taking it since early October and has no cracks in his skin
so far.  Also he has fewer cracks in his nails.

So to all my Celiac friends if you have problems with hair skin and nails
and do not have thyroid problems you may wish to try biotin.  It would be
hard to overdose because B vitamins are water soluble.  It only makes your
pee yellow.  If it works please contact the Chicago Center to encourage
research on biotin.  [log in to unmask]