From:
Carlos Mangione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 08:54:57 -0300

Dear listmates:

I recieved a lot of information about my mail of Genetic Tests.  Is
imposible for me to resume three mails recieved  from William Dunning
(2) and  Marge Johannemann (she include a copy of Dr. Fine's
information),because are a huge and very interesting information.  This
three mails exceed a lot the 220 lines to post in the list.  I prefer to
send all the information to each listmate that will need.  Send me a
mail and I will send personality this three mails.

This is the rest of the information:

Chuck Warriner:

Carlos, you might try the simple new test available from this website.
www.enterolab.com best of luck. Chuck

--------------------------

Your daughter can have the test for the genes done by EnteroLabs. It
will prove if she is predisposed to celiac or not. EnteroLab
http://www.enterolab.com Valerie in Tacoma, Washinton, USA

----------------------------------

HLA-DQ8>> Means that she has one copy of each gene that is strongly
associated with celiac....one from you and one from...*her mother*.

My daughter has the HLA-DQ2...got it from me.

Anyway....it only proves that she has the genes associated with celiac.

You could do further stool testing to see if her intestines are producing
antibodies....which is what I chose to do with my daughter (less invasive,
more accurate). Or you could go the traditional blood testing route - which
at this point, if she's asymptomatic - would still have a strong risk of a
false negative. Even with symptoms, the blood work misses 1 in 5 celiacs.

Hope you're well:)
katherine in atl

normand cote:

Hi, Did you go to this other excellent site too:
http://forums.delphi.com/n/main.asp?webtagiliac&nav=messages Very caring
and knowledgeable people to answer your questions.  Good luck, Mireille.

Marge Johannemann :

The easiest and best way for anyone to find out if they have celiac
disease/gluten intolerance is to pull up: www.finerhealth.com.

Dr. Kenneth Fine, a well known researcher who was formally with Baylor
University of Dallas, TX has been researching diarrhea for over ten
years. A couple of years ago, he decided to set up his own not-for-
profit research center and focus his work on intestinal health.  This
covers the areas of microscopic colitis, (a sister autoimmune disease to
celiac) gluten intolerance/celiac disease and allergies.

You will find that Dr. Fine, a gastroenterologist, comes highly
qualified to research celiac disease and is himself gluten intolerant.
Be sure to read his CV and you will see all of his many qualifications.

Youcan order both the stool and gene tests for gluten intolerance
on-line. The kits will be mailed to you and the results of the tests
will come directly to you.

I am enclosing a copy of Dr. Fine's essay on gluten intolerance. I think
you will find it interesting.

Good luck,
Marge in Louisville

Best Regards for all.