From:
Kay Stence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 21:03:37 -0500

I found these articles today and wanted to pass them on.  I find that
there is a tendancy for many Celiacs to replace gluten in their diets
with too much sugar, rice, potatoes, corn and packaged gluten-free
products.

If I eat any of the above, I have indigestion and stomach "rumblings".
These foods are very high in sugars (and feed the bad bacteria in the
intestines, causing overgrowth and further damage to the villi), and the
packaged foods have little to no food value after processing.  Eating a
diet high in these foods leave little room for the highly nutritious
foods . . vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, chicken, lactose-free cheese
and yogurt, nuts and seeds we need to rebuild, or keep the immune
system healthy.

This is just more proof that the Specific Carbohydrate Diet from
BREAKING THE VICIOUS CYCLE is a sound, healthy diet for everyone.

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0887/8_18/55587234/p1/article.jhtml?
term=Celiac
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/g2601/0004/2601000429/print.jhtml
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0FKA/12_61/59535045/p1/article.jhtml